Thursday, March 24, 2011

RELATIONSHIPS (POST.2) = 2 FACES OF MARITAL RELATIONSHIP = DIVORCE vs MARRIAGE = GREAT QUOTES ANALYSED




RELATIONSHIPS


POST.2

2 Faces of Marital Relationships
Divorce & Marriage


Marriages are made in Heaven.

Many people believed this.

But, Not any more. Because, Divorces are being made on earth equally Fast.

Let us look at a few popular and unpopular quotes on Divorce and then, some on marriage – With some of my comments thrown in. All in humour. We will pull all these, brick by brick – and put a beautiful palace together, in the next Post. For now – enjoy these  :

QUOTES  ON DIVORCE

“You never really know a man until you have divorced him.” = says, Zsa Zsa Gabor.

My comments : On Divorcing, you know that you never knew him earlier, and now you have no chance of knowing him ever. And, the divorced couple can live happily ever after.

“I'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house.”  =   says Zsa Zsa Gabor.

My comments : You are really very careful with the house; and with the Man. You have your priorities right.

“A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you”  =  Margaret Atwood (Canadian Writer, b.1939)

My comments : Same, before Marriage. Same, after Divorce.

“The fear of making permanent commitments can change the mutual love of husband and wife into two loves of self- two loves existing side by side, until they end in separation.”  = Pope John Paul II (Polish Pope. 1920-2005)

My comments : Love involves Self Surrender by both, to each other. If it is not there, there are two loves, two fears, two jealousies, two angers, two suspicions and so on.

 “Divorce is born of perverted morals and leads to vicious habits”  =   Pope Leo XIII (Pope from 1878 to 1903, 1810-1903)

My Comments : Some one is responsible.

A Roman divorced from his wife, being highly blamed by his friends, who demanded, ''Was she not chaste? Was she not fair? Was she not fruitful?'' holding out his shoe, asked them whether it was not new and well made. ''Yet,'' added he, ''none of you can tell where it pinches me.  =  Plutarch

My Comments : Yes. The wearer knows where the shoe pinches.

“Love, the quest; marriage, the conquest; divorce, the inquest.” =  Helen Rowland

My Comments : Then again, Love, the quest….

“You can't stay married in a situation where you are afraid to go to sleep in case your wife might cut your throat.”  =  Mike Tyson

My Comments : Absolutely right, Mr. Tyson. Or,  even f you are afraid that your spouse may bite away your ear, when you are sleep.

There are many quotes on Divorce. Some say – Americans are the happiest divorcees. Could be. They can divorce so easily and so generously. Many American women some how seem to be more happy to be divorced. Some however feel too much, to lose a husband (or wife) – as if they are in too much short supply – which is not really the case!

MARRIAGE QUOTES

“What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.” =  Leo Tolstoy

My Comments : Yes. There is no absolute compatibility any where. One needs to understands, assimilate and enjoy the incompatibility.

“My advice to you is to get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher.”  =   Socrates

My Comments : Or a murderer. Or a divorcee. Or a lunatic. Or any one of the million things that married men become. Socrates should not presume the same fate for all.

“It is most unwise for people in love to marry.”  =  George Bernard Shaw

My Comments : When the love is fully spent, they won’t marry any way.

“One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.”  =  Oscar Wilde

My Comments : Yes. With some one or other. Always.   Be as wild(e) as possible and win the Oscar for it.

“I first learned the concepts of non-violence in my marriage.”  =  Mahatma Gandhi

My Comments : From whom?

“Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.” =  Oscar Wilde

My Comments : Love kills intelligence and imagination both. Then comes Marriage - which triumphs over Love which is left out.

“Marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.”  =  Samuel Johnson

My Comments : Marriage finished hope and experience. Divorce revives both.

“A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” =  Pearl S. Buck

My Comments : Your were born a little too early and too lucky. But, some people can still make it work that way.

"I have no way of knowing whether or not you married the wrong person, but I do know that many people have a lot of wrong ideas about marriage and what it takes to make that marriage happy and successful. I'll be the first to admit that it's possible that you did marry the wrong person. However, if you treat the wrong person like the right person, you could well end up having married the right person after all. On the other hand, if you marry the right person, and treat that person wrong, you certainly will have ended up marrying the wrong person. I also know that it is far more important to be the right kind of person than it is to marry the right person. In short, whether you married the right or wrong person is primarily up to you." =  Zig Ziglar

My Comments : This is quite right. So, Stay away from home and speak to all hopeless persons, most of the time. You feel better.

“Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.”=  Oscar Wilde

My Comments : Yes. Words are the key for conversation and companionship both. Words can please. Words can hurt. Words can starve the marriage. Words can save the marriage.

“When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.” =  Friedrich Nietzsche

My Comments : Many people thought they could - until they married. Then, they didn’t know.

“The world has grown suspicious of anything that looks like a happily married life.” =  Oscar Wilde

My Comments : A comforting thought for many? Know that you are not alone.

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”  =  Oscar Wilde

My Comments : Yes. Woman must be treated a whole lot of ways differently. Until, one of them clicks.

“To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.”  =  Helen Rowland

My Comments : Now, we seem to understand.

“Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.”  =  Albert Einstein

My Comments  : As Einstein knows, not that they don’t change or change. Both change invariably – but in unexpected directions.

“What God hath joined together no man shall put asunder; God will take care of that.” =  George Bernard Shaw

My Comments : God couldn’t put one perfect couple on Earth. Why should he be boasting now.

“I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.” =  Lord Byron

My Comments : Whom was he addressing? Lord Byron has many things to answer.

“The most happy marriage I can picture would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.” – Coleridge

My Comments : Good couple. Every man wants one; and every woman  wants - to avoid one.

“The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, "What does a woman want?” Freud

My Comments : Good question. I have the answer. Many answers in fact. Come back. I will tell you. It is not for those still alive.

"The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once."

My Comments : Marry a few and get a phenomenal memory.

"Where there is marriage without love, there will be love without marriage." - Benjamin Franklin

My Comments : Franklin seems utterly confused. There will be neither. But then, it happens in a marriage. All sorts of confusion can happen, when there is no fusion.

"They say that 50% of all marriages end in divorce. That's not as bad as it sounds, considering that the other 50% end in death."

My Comments : What about the first 50%! What happens to them? Will they live happily ever after??

SOME MORE THOUGHTS – FROM ME :

“To make a marriage successful, a woman need not understand the husband. She must understand herself.”

“Woman has suffered in several ways – but never in silence. But, when man suffered, he suffered mostly in silence.”

“You forgive the other person, of any thing when you are in love – but, you forgive nothing – on marriage”

“Bachelors feel they know all about women – especially the woman they Love. Then they get married, and discover, they never knew anything about any woman – especially the woman they loved.”

“Some are mad. They make others mad – through marriage.”

“Make Marriages Faster; Make Divorces faster. Make Life easy.”

*  *  *   E   N   D   *  *  *


No comments:

Post a Comment